

The weather turned for the better as we headed out this morning. (forecast for the high 70's F, which is the weather we have been used to for the past few weeks and the wind about 5 mph) We were motoring past crab pots and sail boaters out of Annapolis, by 10:30 am this morning to a wonderful warm sun filled day. What a wonderful experience to see the sights, sounds and smells of this vibrant ocean bay as we crossed to the east side of Chesapeake Bay. We saw hundreds of sail boats as we motored across the bay. This is certainly the area of boating.
We are at St. Michaels Marina, surrounded by restaurants and condo's. As we came into the harbour we saw many beautiful homes along the shore. What a great place to be. Gáry turned the boat 180 degrees and back into the finger dock, with hardly an inch to spare on each side, with many on lookers from the restaurants watching closely. He did a great job! As we walked around St. Michaels, on this warm sunny day, it is great to experience the feelings of being surrounded by sea water. We had blue crab at Big Al's. He steamed them especially for us. He served them in a big carboard box with a wooden mallet to break them open as we sat at his picnic table. They were great. Tomorrow we are planning on fishing for crabs in the bay with the turkey neck and giblets from yesterday.
1 comment:
Hé! Les amis! Crab catching works for real!!!
Jeanie, I finally got four of them this morning! I lost one but I caught four, in 45 minutes! What do you say? Was I excited? Yeahh!
I cooked them on our way from Reedville (where we stopped yesterday) to Deltaville (where we are right now).
We took a picture of my catch and -you bet- I'll be sending it to your e-mail address (with the picture of you that we took when you passed us yesterday!).
Take care.
Lucie & René
Post a Comment