Saturday, November 25, 2006

Hilton Head, South Carolina

On Thursday, Nov. 23 we arrived at Bass Creek, an anchorage about 1 1/2 miles North of Beaufort SC. Our trip from Charleston took about 7 hours. Because it was the US Thanksgiving we decided to cook a turkey that night to celebrate the occasion. Actually it was a chicken but it's the thought that counts! We decided to use the neck for crabbing. Gary caught 5 crab while the chicken was cooking! So we had steamed crab and chicken for supper that night.

On Friday Nov. 24 we had an early start for our trip to Hilton Head SC. It was about a 6 hour cruise to the Hilton Head Harbour Marina. We rode our bikes with tee shirts, a nice change from long johns and mitts from the past few days. We past by a RV Park with huge buses. Some call them land yachts! A beautiful sunny. Supper is at the Sunset Grill tonight.

Saturday Nov. 25 Our destination is St. Catherine's Sound, south of Savannah, Georgia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, its carm, sorry I haven't been able to leave a note sooner, Jere and I have been moving and planning and working away. If you wanna cal us our new # is 778-828-7841. I got a new job and Jere and I did our first buisness dinner last night for greg and alison. It went really well! I miss you both, sooo much, talk to you soon. Love Carm

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, it's great to read about your travels. It looks like you are having a fantastic & fascinating trip. When you get back up this way, give me a call, I would love to see you guys.
Take care...Carol