Downtown Basseterre has narrow streets that all converge at a roundabout called the Circus, which was modeled after, London's Piccadilly Circus. There is a large green clock in the middle of the circle. The city's architecture is British colonial, and still has an old world feeling.
We had a wonderful time touring the island yesterday, the rainforest is spectacular, saw a number of green monkeys (there is a monkey problem here -- too many), sugar cane fields are everywhere, stopped at an old sugar cane plantation (Ottley's Plantation Inn) which has been converted to an inn and spa, had a glass of wine by the pool over looking the sea and the mountains, beautiful!
Saw petroglyphs left behind by the Caribs tribe, picked mangos from the mango trees (they are just coming into season), they are nothing like we get back home. So sweet and juicy we have about a half dozen, yummy. We picked up a pineapple from a guy selling them on the side of the road. I'm having some right now and I would say it’s the best pineapple I've ever had!
Monday, June 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
pineapple: if you ever doubted the existance of God, this fruit proves he is good. My favorite! Andy
Hi guys:
I can't tell you how much I have been enjoying following your adventures on this blog. What an amazing trip!!! You two look like you are very happy and are having the time of your lives. I am very envious. Send me an e-mail sometime if you have a moment - consult4ideas@aol.com.
Keep posting those comments and photos! PS - You guys look great finally together. All the best.
Best regards, Alastair
Post a Comment